The only thing better than reading is finding that niche of snacks to have at arms length. Let’s face it, when you sit down to read, you need to your supplies at the ready so you don’t have to move for hours on end (only me?).
In addition to my needing a blanket, socks, pillows, ambiance music, and maybe a candle, you also need snacks. (Of course this is the rare occurrence when I can nestle into my book and go no where….as opposed to when I’m reading on the bus, in the breakroom, at the dinner table). These are my top munches to have on-hand to enhance my reading environment:
- Hot Chocolate. I have an addiction to mugs and a hot chocolate maker at my expense. Hot cocoa is my favorite and I could drink several cups in one sitting (too much to switch mugs between refills?)
- SODA. I admit it…I am a sodaholic. I love all kinds and it’s a plus if it’s caffeinated with vanilla/cherry. Soda over ice is a must for this list!
- Reeses Peanut Butter ANYTHING. Or just plain peanut butter? Reeses are my favorite candy and I can eat a million. Peanut Butter Cups. Reeses Stix. Fastbreak. All of the above PLEASE.
- Pickles. GIANT Pickles. Sure, they aren’t the most tidy of treats to eat whilst reading…but it’s worth the effort.
- Pizza Bagels. (Bagel Bites) Whatever you call them, I still love Pizza Bagels, basically I’m eight years old. I’m so weird with the pizza sauce proportions, that I’m forever eating Pizza Bagels. Thus, they are on my list of things I love to munch on while eating!
- Peanut M&Ms. Am I the only one that dislikes regular M&Ms? They are just a smidge too bitter for me. SO Peanut M&Ms are my jam. And if I could have an unlimited supply whilst reading, I’d forever be happy.
- Pasta. (Why are there so many P’s on this list?) I love spaghetti, white cheddar and shells, lasagna, basically all the pastas while I’m reading….loading up on carbs for the upcoming readathon? I don’t know why, but I love it (also a messy reading snack).
- Chips. Preferably Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffles, Sour Cream & Onion Lays, Fritos, or Salt & Vinegar Lays.
- Milkshakes. I’m weird about milkshakes, I like to be able to drink them through a straw…I don’t care how you spin it, if you have to eat it with a spoon IT’S ICE CREAM. So a good chocolate/peanut butter milk shake is AMAZING.
- Grapes. Red Grapes to be specific. The ultimate fruity munch that you can eat a million of in one sitting.
PHEW. Made it through ten which is SO MANY munches. What does everyone else like to eat while reading? Do you eat while reading? Or do abstain to make sure your books remain pristine?
Thanks That Artsy Reader Girl for hosting!!