These are books that are/used to be outside my cushy genres that I know and love, i.e. historical fiction, dystopians, contemporary romances, cozy mysteries. A lot of these I read in classes and was given the assignment to read a book in a specific genre or off a reading list, others were ones that I picked up on my own but was very skeptical about them. I’m trying to be more open-minded with my book choices, because as always, books can surprise you.
Books outside my comfort zone:
- Written In-Verse, And We Stay
- Graphic Novels, El Deafo
- Short Stories, One More Thing
- LGBT Protagonist, Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda
- Horror, Unbreakable
- Difficult Subject Matter, Unwind
- Travel Biography, Wild
- Western Romance, Second Chance Ranch
- Biographies, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
- Psychological Thrillers, Gone Girl
Thanks That Artsy Reader Girl for hosting Top Ten Tuesdays!