While perusing the lovely posts accompanying this Top Ten Tuesday (courtesy of The Broke and The Bookish), I came across YA On My Mind‘s post. I have to say, I was inspired and I even snatched a couple of their answers. A couple of which I already picked for my list and others I had forgotten. Now you have to bear with me, as my list is a bit of a mess–much like my scattered brain lately. Which explains my lack of TTTs lately. So I couldn’t quite reach 10 and a couple are from the same book, but I had a great time coming up with these names. It’s always nice to read about characters who feel the same way as you do about reading.
Here are my fellow book lovers that I’ve discovered over the years:
1. Matilda Wormwood, “So Matilda’s strong young mind continued to grow, nurtured by the voices of all those authors who had sent their books out into the world like ships on the sea. These books gave Matilda a hopeful and comforting message: You are not alone.
2. Hermione Granger, “The presence of hundreds of books had finally convinced Hermione that what they were doing was right.”
3. Elizabeth Bennett, “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
4. Tessa Gray, “One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
5. Will Herondale, “It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”
6. Ethan Wate, “I stared at the creased map on my wall, the thin green line connecting all the places I had read about. There they were, all the cities of my imaginary future, held together with tape and marker and pins.”
7. Hazel Grace, “Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.”
8. Colin Singleton, “Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.”