It is no secret that I cry in the majority of the books I read. What can I say? I get emotionally attached to these characters! Not to mention when Authors take you completely off guard. I’ve been awful at my Top Ten lists lately, so hopefully I’m back on track. Thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for hosting each week!
The Majority of these had me lying in my bed bawling my eyes out at the end, quite possibly 7/10. While a couple may have just had parts that were extremely sad followed by extremely happy. Moral of the story, these will give you an emotional roller coaster, with the highest highs and the lowest of lows. You’ve been warned. :)
1. Before I Fall by: Lauren Oliver Lets just say Oliver breaks your heart and then rewinds the day so it doesn’t happen, and then repeats the process. But this book is amazing regardless of the heart breaking!
2. Abandon by: Elana Johnson Well, be prepared, I just have to think of this ending and I get emotional!!
3. TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY by: Jay Asher This whole book had me crying but it is incredibly unique and one of my all time favorite books.
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by: J.K. Rowling Just throwing it out there, I have cried in multiple books in this series. Order of the Phoenix gets me every time though.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green I think this is self explanatory. Keep a box of tissues nearby.
6. The Last Song by: Nicholas Sparks This caught me completely off guard. Not to mention the fact it was my first Nicholas Sparks Experience, so I did not know he tries to shatter your heart into smithereens and then glue it back together soon after.
7. Mockingjay by: Suzanne Collins Although I adore this book, I shed my share of tears over it. I also had to go back and read spots because I didn’t quite comprehend what had happened. My brain/heart were in denial.
8. Everafter by: Elizabeth Chandler This is one where I forget how it ended, until I remember and fall into instant depression. I was both angry and upset when finishing this series. I didn’t know which had more of an effect though.
9. Allegiant by: Veronica Roth I read this, and after finishing I stared at the pages and cried and cried and cried.
10. Just Listen by: Sarah Dessen “Don’t think or judge. Just listen.” And then the tears fall, this story definitely pulls at your heart strings.
6 thoughts on “Top 10: Books That Make You Cry”
I haven’t read anything by Nicholas Sparks yet, but he’s popular on today’s lists, so I think I must read him soon. I like having my heart shattered and glued back together!
Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction
He definitely throws you through the loop in his novels, but it’s definitely worth it!! His are some of my favorites!!
Have to agree Nicholas Sparks’ books are enough to generate a full on emotional response!
I have yet to read Allegiant, but I just bought a copy. So I guess I have to read it soon (even though it’s on so many lists that I’m not looking forward to it).
Thirteen Reasons Why was a very unique book. I loved the way it was written, even if I was a wreck for days afterwards! Great list and thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Harry Potter – of course. I think you’d have to be inhuman to not cry during at least ONE of those books. Just saying.
Thirteen Reasons Why is a great story, too! I didn’t cry during it myself, but I was pretty much heartbroken for Hannah the entire time. So sad. I may have to read it again though, it’s been a while.
I read Before I fall, Thirteen reasons why, The fault in our stars, the last song. I want to read the others , especially Abandon by!