The Broke and The Bookish host Top Ten Tuesday’s each week. Go check out their blog because it rocks. :) Here are my favorite Book to Movie Adaptations, there are a few movies that I LOVE but unfortunately I have not read the books so I have nothing to compare them to. (i.e. Eragon, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, A Walk to Remember) But I was able to narrow these into my Top 10. Enjoy!
1. The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins This is one of my favorite trilogies because it can literally stop my heart everytime I read it. The movie did not disappoint me, it doesn’t hurt that I love Josh Hutcherson. :) There were a couple things I was upset about but overall the movie was great. You can bet I will be watching Catching Fire as soon as it comes out!
2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by: J.K. Rowling I had to narrow my Harry Potter Obsession down to my favorite so my Top 10 wasn’t completely Harry Potter. I ended up with the Prisoner of Azkaban because it is beautifully written and displayed on the big screen.
3. Pride and Prejudice by: Jane Austen This is one of my favorite classics of all time. It is not very often that the movie makes me love the book even more but that is exactly what happens whenever I watch Pride and Prejudice.
4. Eclipse by: Stephenie Meyer I love this book and I was beyond happy that the film was just as good, if not better than the book. It had just enough humor, romance, and excitement for me to fall in love.
5. Beautiful Creatures by: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl It is always a good day when a fantasy book to movie adaptation is amazing. I could watch this a million times and never get sick of it. Watch. It. Now.
6. The Great Gatsby by: F. Scott Fitzgerald The new and improved Gatsby was unbelievable. I’m also a huge Leonardo DiCaprio fan so I was all for seeing this show. This time period is one of my favorites by far, so I’m 110% in favor of this movie!
7. The Last Song by: Nicholas Sparks This was the first of Nicholas Sparks books that I read and it quickly jumped to my favorite’s list. When they made it into a movie I was slightly nervous, but they did a great job with it.
8. Jurassic Park by: Michael Crichton I loved the scientific aspect to the book and the effects were incredible in the movie. All in all, give me the book or the movie and I will be happy with either.
9. The Notebook by: Nicholas Sparks I just finished this book recently, and I have to admit I did not love it. But the movie is amazing, which is why it is on my list, I loved it 100X more than the book. Which is generally difficult to do, which means the movie has got to phenomenal!
10. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by: Ann Brashares This is a fun summer read that definitely gets your emotions flowing and the movie does it just as well. This adaptation is fabulous.