The Broke and The Bookish hosts our Top Ten Tuesday’s each week. The topic this week is Top Book’s Read in 2013. I have read so many great books this year, I don’t know how I will be able to narrow it down to the best of the best. But these are the ones that stood out to me, definite must reads. I know I say that a lot but they are truly great and deserve to be cherished. These are my top books that I’ve read this year, and I’m sure by the end of the year this list will have grown tremendously. Be sure to check these titles out if you haven’t already!
1. Pandemonium by: Lauren Oliver I’ve said time and time again how I root for the underdogs in books, much like this I tend to love the middle book in the trilogy. Thus Pandemonium is my number one, it is a fabulous sequel and I loved the entire book. Along with its crazy cliffhanger. :)
2. Divergent by: Veronica Roth I read this right after I finished Delirium by: Lauren Oliver and it blew me away. This trilogy is AMAZING and Allegiant could not come any sooner. Divergent is extremely well written.
3. Insurgent by: Veronica Roth Along with Pandemonium, this is an incredible sequel. One of my all time favorites by far, with its own cliffhanger. It takes talent to write a heart stopping book, and even more to write a second that is just as good and more. Which is why I think the sequels in series always end up my favorite.
4. The Best of Me by: Nicholas Sparks He’s done it again. I have yet to read a Nicholas Sparks Novel that hasn’t completely captivated me. And, like most of his books, had me in tears by the end. The Best of Me is beautiful and poetic like that majority of his books.
5. Before I Fall by: Lauren Oliver I know I cry in most of my books, but this one took me by so much surprise it had me hyperventilating by the end. Read. This. Now.
6. The Maze Runner by: James Dashner Slightly Hunger Games-esque, but not. This book is ation packed and keeps you on your toes. Thomas also is one of my favorite protagonist’s.
7. Surrender by: Elana Johnson Adding to my list of favorite sequel’s, I loved Gunner and Raine’s relationship and how well they work together.
8. Prodigy by: Marie Lu Legend was great, but as soon as I dove into Prodigy I was sold. It is written so well and was very addictive. Plus, the way it ended there is no question I will be reading Champion as soon as it is released.
9. Size 12 is Not Fat by: Meg Cabot I am a huge fan of Meg Cabot, and Size 12 was no exception. It was witty and one of the most entertaining books I’ve read. The perfect light read you need to get your Summer started.
10. So Much Closer by: Susane Colasanti Finding true love isn’t easy, and there is definitely going to be some bumps in the road. This book just proves that things will work out, and maybe not in the way we think.