Well I’m two days late, so I’m going to do a Top 10 Thursday instead of Tuesday. This Weeks topic, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is New to Me Authors of 2012. Well, here’s my list…if you haven’t already you need to check out their books because they are definitely memorable.
1. Ally Condie I’ve said time and time again how much I adore her writing. The Matched trilogy is note worthy and one of my favorites. So glad I picked them up this year.
2. Jay Asher Talk about an OUTSTANDING debut novel. An eye opener to anyone who reads how serious our actions effect people. Amazing. Can’t wait for what he comes up with next.
3. Susane Colasanti I’ve read four of her books this year and can’t wait to read the rest of them. She has an incredible talent for love stories.
4. Elizabeth Chandler Well when someone says true love never dies, Elizabeth Chandler can surely vouch for it. What an addictive tale that she has created. I’m counting down for the next book in the Kissed by an Angel series to come out in the Spring.
5. Alicia Buck Flecks of Gold was I book I got by chance, but I certainly was not disappointed by this read. I’ve been dying to reread it because it was incredible. I hope Alicia Buck has more books to come, because I’m definitely a fan.
6. Jennifer Weiner I had never heard of her when I received one of her books as a gift. But now I find at least three of her books on my To-Read list. My favorite thing is when my family gets me new books to fall in love with.
7. Janet Evanovich I could not believe I had not read the Stephanie Plum Series all these years because my entire family has been obsessed with them. I finally dove into one and found why. They are hilarious and are basically my favorite. Lets just say, I’m glad there are nineteen books to keep me entertained.
8. Sarah Dessen Her stories are so great and always keep you interested. Someone Like You is a fabulous read and I’d definitely recommend it.
9. Lauren Oliver I have several of her books on my shelf at the moment, but have not read them. I have only heard good things about her writing this year. I cannot wait to dive right in this break.
10. Will Hobbs This year I found myself rereading a lot of books, rather than discoving new ones. So my tenth and final Author is one that I rediscovered this year. I found myself intrigued by each page of his books. Must reads for sure. I am so glad that I was introduced to him so many years ago.