1. J.K. Rowling She is an unbelievable author, I could read her books a million times and never get bored. The intricacy of her writing blows my mind. Not many people can create an entirely new world, lets face it, hers was a game changer.
2. Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen’s stunning tale is no doubt one of my favorites. Its a classic and always will be. I love the characters and Austen has a talent of putting words together in a way that give me chills.
3. The Hunger Games This series literally blew me away. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. But in reality I devoured these books. It had been a while since I had read a series that ranked as high as Harry Potter for me. The Hunger Games definitely did not disappoint, and finished as strongly as they began.
4. Running Out Of Time This was the first book I read that opened my eyes to the world of Books. It taught me how exciting reading can be. If I had to pin point exactly when my love for reading started. It would be as soon as I finished this book. Thank You Margaret Peterson Haddix.
5. Susane Colasanti Her books are thoroughly entertaining. I love every one of them. They remind me that no matter what happens, everything will workout.
6. Matched Ally Condie’s Matched Trilogy is a series I was introduced to a few months ago. Definitely a breath of fresh air. They made me realize to be grateful for all that w have in our lives, and to fight for the things we love.
7. The Great Gatsby is a great novel that I could read over and over. There is something very poetic about Fitzgerald’s writing. Gatsby is a great character that I loved reading about. Overall a great book that I can’t imagine not reading.
8. TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY This book I flew through. It keeps you on the edge of your seat; you never know what is coming next. This book is a masterpiece, and Jay Asher is the artist. A different outlook on suicide that I’d never seen before, left me breathless.
9. The Choice My all time favorite Nicholas Spark’s book, it had twists and turns I was not expecting. I also loved every page. It is a great read with an unbelievable story. A definite must read.
10. Kissed by an Angel Elizabeth Chandler created this series I wasn’t sure that I’d like. But once I got into it, I couldn’t put it down. I love the plot and the characters. Even the antagonists you had to love, they are the ones that are so bad that you have to root for them.
2 thoughts on “Top 10: Authors/Books I am Thankful For.”
How cool! I just posted a blog entry with the same topic, and JK is also number one to me! :D I have read at least seven in your list here. Thanks for sharing this with us.
What an awesome list. I feel like this could have been a continuation of mine. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorites too. It really opened me to the world of “foreshadowing” and I am always rereading books to find those hidden gems.
Check out our TTT!
~Krisha @ INKK